goal is to have a relaxed environment where everyone
feels comfortable to play music. All levels are welcome. As newer participants get to know the group, a few simple guidelines can also help.
Please consider the following when joining our session:
- Tune your instrument and check to see if you
are in tune with the group.
- Spend some time observing how the session is
run before jumping in with tunes.
- If a tune is new for you, pick up what you can and come back to pick up more of it.
- Many of the tune sets played frequently are available on the Tune Sets Page of this site.
- Treat musicians of all levels with
respect. Itís a small community and you
will surely meet the same people again.
- During the regular session, it's best to have
two of the SAME percussion instruments take turns playing.
- For example, bones and bodhran usually work together, however bones should not be played for every tune.
- Percussion or other instruments should not be
OK! Now itís been said. Please come frequently and have lots of
fun! Bantering is not a problem.
See you at the session...